Artie's Angels

Forums

Forum Home > Season 4 > We All Fall Down

LadyNRA
Administrator

I absolutely loved this episode...possibly one of the best they've done so far. Loved the drama. Everyone really acted their hearts out and I applaud everyone for such wonderful performances. Saul's being able to transition Artie from good Artie to Evil Artie with just a minor shifting of expression was flawless. And the same goes for Eddie and Joanne when their characters are reacting to the insults Artie is throwing at them.

For those people hoping Leena will be back, I just saw an article that says Leena will be back but not in corporeal form. Her death, according to him, was real and will stay that way. They probably chose her because she is the lesat 'active' character at the moment aside from Mrs. F. But they wanted to drive home the idea that they can and do die and stay dead. I don't mind them doing this, although I liked Leena and am so sorry she's 'gone'. However, if they do what Jack is implying, she's not going to be completely gone. Her spirit is living on.

I also don't think Artie was dead there at the end even though it sort of looked that way.  For one thing the knife didn't appear to have gone in all that far, there was no bleeding from the wound or from his mouth (there'd be coughing and blood with a chest wound like that if it hit a lung) AND he inhaled the Orchid dust like the rest of them did. You see it enter his body. Wouldn't do that if he wasn't breathing.

LOL! Artie with the warehouse 35 years. Love how this changes from season to season (either 30 or 40 years depending on the writer). 34 years is probably pretty accurate at thispoint so I won't quibble about the extra year (I always maintained it was roughly 30 years at the start of the series)  :-)

All in all this was a fantastic episode and I'm looking forward, as always, to finding out how this is resolved. We all know that Artie will be devastated at being unable to stop Evil Artie (and he can't remember it either). He's going to totally take the blame for everything that happened. I'm sure the others will pull together and work to reassure him no one blames him. I'm looking forward to those scenes.

To the person in the other forum who mentioned the astrolabe reversing back to Sykes' time , I don't think that'll happen. For one thing, as far as I can tell, the astrolabe only sets back time by 24 hours. That's why they felt it was imperative to find it within 24 hours the first time. And when it did work, it basically set them back 24 hours. I don't think they ever implied that the second time it's used, it will take them back to the point it was activated. And if it did that, it would leave everyone dead except Myka (Jailed), Claudia (trapped in a nearly airless environment and if freed by the brothers, she'd probably be killed), Leena, and Artie. right???

October 8, 2012 at 11:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

KJay99

Well, the whole point of Bro Adrian- the fake one- was to get Artie to use it againa d undo what he did. So- that would set it back to Sykes's time.

But---  that Adrian was a figment of Artie's imagination- so who knows what would really happen.  

Oh- loved the episode. :)

--

A:  Bismark.   F:  Fargo.   A:  Whatever.

February 7, 2013 at 11:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LadyNRA
Administrator

KJay99 at February 7, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Well, the whole point of Bro Adrian- the fake one- was to get Artie to use it againa d undo what he did. So- that would set it back to Sykes's time.

But---  that Adrian was a figment of Artie's imagination- so who knows what would really happen.  

Oh- loved the episode. :)

Talk about messing with  your brain when it comes to time travel.

what I was saying is that if the astrolabe sets back time, Artie and everyone else were racing to find the astrolabe and use the reset on it within 24 hours.  Remember Artie was scared time was running out and he had something like 3 minutes to go (the 24 hours after the warehouse blew) when he used it.  Then it took them back roughly 3 minutes before the bomb exploded the warehouse (hence a rough 24 hour reset). 

Anyway, if the function is to set time back 24 hours, then if Artie used it again, it would set them back to before Artie released the plague at the finale etc, but no more than that.  It wouldn't theoretically reset all the way back to the Warehouse explosion or to the moment Artie used it the first time. 

UNLESS there was no 24 hour time reset and it was trigged to reset to an event rather than an actual time.  (See, drive you crazy).  Also if Artie or anyone else used it again wouldn't it create the 'evil' again. 

I'd love to have known how the writers saw all this. 

February 10, 2013 at 4:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.